10.07.2010

New Blog, New Sewing Machine

So I've decided to start a blog about sewing, crafts, and most importantly adventures with our newest member of the family, Sir Bubbadoo. Since the blog is new, I thought that the first new entry should be about my new sewing machine, which I am super excited about. (thanks mom and dad for the wonderful bday gift).  

Here is the front:


And here is the back:


Annoyingly with all new machines though, most of the pieces are plastic, like these bobbins. Unfortunately, I had just finished a whole bunch of blankets with my old machine - which used metal bobbins.  And I hate wasting thread.  But it turns out that I am able to put the metal bobbins on the spool pin and will be able to transfer them to the plastic ones.  Hooray!!



I am happy to say that I am able to part with my mom's old machine on a good note, after having worked out our sewing differences.


4 comments:

  1. I've been following for awhile but I just read this first post, I think its funny that was my old machine too I found it at a thrift store and the rest was history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still happy with this machine ? My singer has died and I am researching new machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) I LOVE this machine. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I change needles often and I clean out the bobbin area (usually when I change needles) with a pressurized air can and it has been perfect. I would definitely recommend this Janome.

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments :) Please email me if you have a specific question and I'll get back to you. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...